The Brighter Hope Wellness Center (BHWC) is taking applications for the position of Business IT Intern. BWHC is looking for a highly motivated business IT intern to provide support for our technological needs in the delivery of our mental health and wellness services. Our internship positions are unpaid and therefore represent a wonderful opportunity for undergraduate students to gain experience hours toward their major.
APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2022, FALL 2022, WINTER 2022, and FALL 2022/SPRING 2023 ARE NOW OPEN.
- Provide end user support for staff for service, to help troubleshoot issues, and develop solutions.
- Provide troubleshooting support and help resolve issues for staff desktop and laptop computers
- Provide support to staff for cloud software applications and environments (Office 365 and Nextcloud)
- Maintain software updates and make them available via Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Ensure staff computers are update to date with vendor provided patches and anti-virus updates
- Develop and maintain process automation using Microsoft Flow
- Process and generate weekly reports/visualizations using Microsoft Power Bi
- Provide technical support for network connectivity and office equipment (e.g, printers)
- Provide, develop, and document training for basic hardware, software, and cloud applications to staff members.
- Assist with equipment inventory and availability of equipment to staff
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Must be available for 8-16 hours per week
- Must be able to demonstrate technical competency on basic IT topics including the ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues, network configurations, cloud environments, etc.
- Undergraduate student completing a Bachelors degree in Business IT or related field
- Proficiency in the following OS and applications:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Flow
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Microsoft Power Bi
- Ability to work in a Linux environment and use the command line
- Ability to prioritize tasking and manage time effectively
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively document and communicate findings and solutions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- An ability to work with a team
- Professionalism (maintain confidentiality, uphold ethical standards, accept and implement feedback)